At the beginning of Term 1, the children in Years 1 – 6 voted for their new School Ambassador Representatives. The candidates worked hard to pitch themselves against their opponents and prepared a talk as to why they were the best person for the job. It was serious stuff!
Well done to all those who put themselves forward for this important role within the school and a special well done to the following children who have been elected by their classmates:
Jellyfish (Year 1) – Maisie and Michael
Orca (Year 2) – Charlie and Kara
Starfish (Year 3) – Gracie and Lloyd
Sea Turtle (Year 4) – Jessica and Riley
Stingray (Year 5/6) – Georgie and Rachael
Our Ambassadors are always looking for ways to improve our School and the local community.
- The Ambassadors ran a coffee morning supporting MacMillan Cancer Support.
- They spoke to their classes and choose a charity for the year, which is the NSPCC.
- Along with the Church, they collected the harvest foods giving it to One Big Family, a local charity for the homeless.
- They devised a list of playground rules.
- They supported the Poppy Appeal by going to Hempstead Valley to sell poppies to members of the public.
- They are currently running a Christmas Bauble Competition, to raise money while of course making the tree look fabulous!
- The Chair and the Secretary wrote a letter to Medway Council to ask about repairing the road outside the gate to prevent the puddle from forming.